Friday, July 6, 2007

I have transcended ordering

We've blogged in the past about the proper way to order food and about the process of becoming a regular. Now the subject must be revisited as I have crossed the threshold into a new phase of human laziness. My powers of laziness have reached their pinnacle. I am the Kwisatz Haderach of laziness. I'm also a giant nerd for referencing that in my blog.

So what happened to me today that led to my ascension? Well, it happened like this: I'm calling in to a local restaurant to get some take out for lunch. Now, I've called in to this restaurant a bunch of times, but this is the first time I've called in in about 3 weeks. So I start placing my order in my usual efficient fashion when the guy on the phone interrupts me and says, "Is this that motha fuckin' pimp, gangsta D?" I replied in the affirmative and the guy says, "See you when you get here."

That's right they recognized my voice. Over the telephone. After 3+ weeks of not going to this place. And they hooked up my order, even remembering the way to cook the meat. I'm at or at the very least, incredibly close to the pinnacle of lazy ordering. I don't know how I could have applied less effort for lunch today. The number of the restaurant is stored in my phone and I didn't even have to finish speaking to put my order in. I guess they could have delivered it too, but it was actually nice to get out of my crap hole office and scream at the shitty drivers on the road.

I guess there's only one thing left to try for a living god....Next time I'll try ordering telepathically.

No comments: