Friday, July 13, 2007

I might have discovered the ideal job.

I think I will become Prime Minister. You might think initially that it's a difficult job, and probably not one that's suited to a lazy lifestyle but today I read this story about Tony Blair. Imagine having got through the last 10 years without using a mobile phone or ever having to stop at traffic lights? I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. He probably never had to cook for himself, in fact he was probably waited on hand and foot. He also probably had assistants to do the kind of tedious admin and accounting that I'm currently having to do buying this house. He never had to book his own flights anywhere. He works from home in 10 Downing St. There's plenty of free foreign travel. The pay is really good. All you have to do is convincingly lie to a few million people to get them to vote for you, make a few decisions now and again and sit back and enjoy the ride.

Obviously it'd be even better to be royalty, but you have to be born into that and my ancestry stretches back to some Irish guys who's only claim to fame was dying in drunken accidents.

No comments: