Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I want to be an astronaut. Why? Well, this is why.

This supports my long standing theory that we can all do our jobs a little drunk or hungover. Some of us, like airline pilots, try to do our jobs as drunk as possible.As a matter of fact, I might argue that I didn't become an astronaut because I didn't think I could be as drunk as I wanted to be. Instead I chose a useless job where I would be just another cog in the machine. A faceless desk jockey riding his empty career into oblivion.

Now maybe I can dare to dream again. Maybe I can still fulfill my life's ambition...To drink myself to death on the moon. Whatever happens, I make this solemn promise to you, good people of the internet: I will drink myself to death somewhere. And there will probably be a moon involved somehow, because I'm betting my pants will be around my ankles when it happens.

No comments: