Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Pointless Information

I just saw on my profile onFacebook the phrase: "You are online now."

Thank you Facebook. I wasn't sure. It's in the space that normally says "Dave is now online" or whatever the person's name is but still, completely pointless. If I could look at my profile when I wasn't online, would it say "You are not online"?

It's like the classic "Do not throw stones at this notice" and other signs. One of my personal favourites, which isn't really pointless information but just a stupid sign, is at the ticket barriers at the station. It reads "Small children and animals must be carried". I have been through many times carrying neither a small child or some animals and have never been caught (luckily). I did consider starting up an animal and small children renting shop at the station where people could rent animals and small children to carry and thus legally cross the barriers but the child labour laws are quite tough and the law seems to be very poorly enforced.

2 comments:

DV said...

Don't forget the No Shooting sign that had clearly been shot.

Mike said...

I had totally forgotten that.