Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Remote Laziness

Or the continuation of my love affair with Sky+.

Over Christmas my girlfriend bought me a TV Link, a handy bit of kit that allows you to connect your Sky+ box to another TV via an RF cable. Well, you can do that anyway, it has two RF out sockets. What this clever little gadget does is gives you another IR sensor that you can put in the room with your second TV, so that you can control your Sky+ box from a remote in the other room. Brilliant. I probably didn't explain it very well but the upshot is that we can now not only watch TV from our Sky box in the bedroom but also change the channel, fast forward the adverts on shows we've recorded etc.

Now on a Sunday morning I can watch Match of the Day, that I recorded the night before, without having to get up, go downstairs and set it playing. Which means there's probably a lot more chance that I'll actually watch it. I expect that'll make my girlfriend very happy.

Anyway, it's all brilliant but because we only have one remote control, it's always in the wrong room. I've practically taken to carrying it around with me. This weekend we will purchase a second remote then finally it'll be TV heaven.

Until we disagree about what we want to watch and sit in different rooms battling with the rival remotes.

No comments: