Thursday, October 23, 2008

Unlazy Quote

"Failure is not the only punishment for laziness; there is also the success of others."
- Jules Renard

Let's cut right to the chase. Jules Renard is fuckhead and is wrong. First, he's French, so he can't be trusted right then and there. Second, he knows nothing about the powers of being lazy. If you don't try, you can't fail, so he's wrong right off the bat. If I try to build a Lamborghini Countach in my basement and fail I'm a broke loser who waste a shitload of time and money. If I just sit on the couch and drink a beer I'm richer, more rested, and I don't have a hole in my basemet wall. I just read a blog about the moron who did it and wonder...How's he gonna get that thing legally registered to drive and why does my fruit cup contain so much liquid and so little fruit?

Second, and most importantly lazy people aren't punished by the sucess of others. Lazy people rely on other people's success to survive. We're mooches. You work and make money and we try to exploit that and make money without leaving our couches.

Hell, the entire concept of investments and the stock market is built off of this concept. Lazy people take their money, buy other people's success and then make money by basically betting on that same person continuing to be successful. It's great. Most of the time. Until those idiots fail. If those damn bankers wouldn't have tried so much, they wouldn't have failed so bad and we all wouldn't be wondering how money can disappear so fast.

And no, lazy people didn't bring down the economy, greedy people and poor people did.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Best post here for ages.