Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Years Resolution

Right. My New Years Resolution (I don't believe in them really) is to blog more, and blog better. 

You could say that if blogging more and better involves more effort on my part my resolution is actually against the principles of the site... and on a surface level you'd be right. But really blogging should be fun (otherwise why bother?) and it's perfectly acceptable to put effort into something you enjoy. Like my recent concentration on improving my darts game*.

Yeah, anyway I think in the past we've been too tied up by this concept of every post having to be about laziness, when actually as lazy people anything we want to talk about is naturally relevant. So, yeah, we'll see how long this resolution actually lasts for won't we!

I have a few games to write lazyviews for, so that might happen soon.

*I watched Phil Taylor demolish Barney in the PDC World Darts Final on Sunday night. It was phenomenal. He had a 3 dart average of over 109. The BDO championship looks really easy in comparison, at least there was one guy in the first round who played so badly I reckon I could have beaten him. Lakeside here I come! I got my first 180 the other day. Eat my darts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, blog more, right. Especially since you were five days late even writing your New Year's resolutions.

Mike said...

To be fair to me, I've been stuck in bed ill since the 29th December. :(

Anonymous said...

Well done I've never got a 180, If I did I'd take a picture. Was it during a game? if not it doesn't count.

Mike said...

I did take a picture. :) Doesn't prove anyhting though.

I was practicing on my own, so I know it doesn't really count.

I got a 174 just after that, the treble 18 was a total fluke, I was going for another 60.