Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lazy Quotes......The Return

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
- Robert Heinlein


Heinlein strikes me as a guy who knew that waking up early sucks ass. Think about it, when do you ever wake up early to do something good? Do you wake up early to get drunk? Do some whoring? No. No you don't. It's always something ridiculous like, go to work. Or go on a 10 hour road trip. Or get dragged to go shopping by the ol' Ball 'n Chain. Nothing good happens between the hours of 2am and 9am unless you're in bed.

This quote is also very similar to an Agatha Christie quote ol' soon to be Married Mike posted many moons ago. Writers must be lazy bastards. I knew being a writer held a special appeal to me for a reason. Unfortunately you must be lazy AND a capable writer, so I'm fucked. I am a good story teller though, I just can't write for shit. Maybe I should become a Hollywood screenwriter. I don't need to have much talent and I get to go on strike. Perfect!

3 comments:

carolinalily said...

dragged to go shopping?? i've never heard you complain before. and you usually buy more than me anyway.

DV said...

That's right. Because when I go, I know exactly what I'm looking for and I get it! I go buying. You go shopping. Much different.

Anonymous said...

Exactly. Its like hunting. Find it, kill it, drag it home and eat it.