Thursday, October 8, 2009

I hate being ill

I've been off sick for the last two days with a cold. Being ill is rubbish. Days off work are fantastic if you can do something good with your time, go away somewhere, do something fun or whatever but when you are basically stuck in bed feeling too shit to do anything other than watch daytime TV they suck. I'd rather be at work.

Daytime TV is particularly terrible. On sky we've got approximately 600 million channels to choose from, most of which have nothing good on at any time of the day. During the daytime even the decent channels have nothing good on. I blame the stupid watershed, surely all the kids are at school during the day so they could put good TV on then?

Probably the main problem with daytime TV is the adverts. I've got so used to watching everything via Sky+, so I've recorded it and can fast forward any adverts or boring bits. Actually having to watch a program live with 15 mins of adverts an hour is hell. And they literally time every one of the 600 million channels to have their ads at the same time. It's horrendous.

My wife (Wife?! WTF?) said yesterday that when she rules the world she'll ban adverts, I dunno how the TV companies will fund themselves (in her world, that's up to them) but possibly through product placement. Last night's Chuck (Chuck vs The Broken Heart) featured another of their amazingly blatent segments of Subway product placement. Maybe that's the future. Ah... quite fancy a subway now.

No comments: