Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Season Ticket

Late last year I picked up an application form for a season ticket for the train. I got my picture taken to send off for the picture driving licence and as I was getting pictures done anyway I intended to use one of the four for my train ticket. Today, a mere 8 months later, I actually got my season ticket. Woo! I have had filled in three application forms. One disintegrated due to having been in my bag for 6 months, then I moved house so one had the wrong address, and finally the one I filled out and actually handed in today.

It was, of course, very easy. Went at lunchtime, no queue at our local branch line station etc. What finally made me do it? Our new house is 5-10 minutes walk further from the station than our old house, and I really fancy having that 10 minutes in bed in the morning back again. At the moment our alarm goes off before 7am and I have a real mental problem with waking up before 7am. Those hours should never conciously exist to a human.

Cost of this procrastination? About £160 this year, but I'd only have wasted it on beer.

Oh... I still haven't sent off the driving licence thing, the picture I had didn't meet their standards so I need to get a new one. The address on that'll be wrong now too. D'oh!

No comments: