Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Preparations

A sloth recently tasked with shipping himself to the Abbatoir de Sloth, Paris where he will be skinned alive and prepared for a series of unpronouncable French delicacies
Next week my fellow lazyblogger, Danny, is flying over from the Good Ol' USofA for a week. Excited Reader: "That sounds great! What are you going to do?"

Er. A very good question. Between us two of us we have the organisational motivation of a sloth recently tasked with shipping himself to the Abbatoir de Sloth, Paris where, upon arrival, he will be skinned alive and prepared to be made into a series of unpronouncable French delicacies.

I have already done a huge amount of things to prepare though. I thought before I started writing this blog that I'd done hardly anything, but in fact I've done loads, or at least I've facilitated loads.

I have told other people who know Danny and are stupid enough to want to see him whilst he is in the country that he is coming over. Well, some of them anyway I probably forgot a lot of them. Some of them are even coming to visit.

I've booked tickets to a football match... well, I say I booked them. Technically I faffed around like a bufoon trying to sort something out until a crack team of my friends kindly dived in to save the situation. (this is meant to be a football analogy, not a comment related to any recent drownings).

The Lazyview Gang

I've also arranged a party for the Saturday night he arrives. It's my girlfriend's birthday around that time, and we haven't had a housewarming party so we figured that was enough excuses to have one. Well, I told some people it was happening but have only just put some details on the interweb so that people actually knew when and where they were coming. Facebook Events FTW! I also ordered a lot of booze on the internet, using the excellent Majestic home delivery service that I think I've recommended here before, which arrived last night. I also started drinking it last night but hopefully there'll be some left by Saturday.

I got the guy who organises our weekly Sunday afternoon 6 a-side football to upgrade our booking to the double size pitch so Danny can join in.

I've arranged an evening in the pub with some other internet nerds in London.

I've even thought of two whole cities other than London that we could visit whilst he's here.

I'm exhausted! To be fair to Danny, he's been busy too. He's packed a shirt and a pair of jeans already.

2 comments:

DV said...

They're nice jeans too!

Techietone said...

mike you have out one yourself as normal so football booze more booze more football. sounds perfect(except the football bit but you know me I hate sports that happen outside of a pub)

I look forward to meeting the infamous DV I hope he is not as crazy as my amercian friend (mike).


See ya on saturday DV

Tone