Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A hero and a horror story.



The story summary according to Wikipedia:

"Mr. Lazy is lazy, he lives in Sleepyland, where there are only four hours a day, as opposed to 24, and it takes two regular hours for water to boil and three regular hours for bread to toast. One day, Mr. Lazy sits down for a nap, and is awoken by Mr. Busy and Mr. Bustle. They overwork him, until Mr. Bustle blows a whistle, requiring Mr. Lazy to run as fast as he can. Mr. Lazy runs, but his legs don't get him anywhere because he is sitting on a chair in the garden. He wakes up to realize it was all a dream, and the whistle was the kettle boiling in the kitchen. He sits down to have breakfast, and the dream really happens."

Can you believe they let kids read this stuff? What a horrifying ordeal for the poor chap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that I don't think I look like a bouncer!

I just take lovely photos of people.

adamreading.com
x

Mike said...

Hello Adam, no offence meant. I'll add your blog to our links by way of apology. (and to Coments my other blog where it's probably more appropriate).