Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"It seems you're feeling a bit stressed, can I help?"

You might have thought the Paperclip in MS Office was annoying. Well, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Microsoft are developing software to help companies spy on their employees says The Times

My favourite bit of the article is this:

The system could also “automatically detect frustration or stress in the user” and “offer and provide assistance accordingly”.

You can imagine it can't you.

"It seems you're feeling a bit stressed, can I help?"

"YES FUCK OFF!"

"It seems you're feeling a bit angry, try taking some deep breaths!"

"ARGH! FUCK OFF YOU BASTARD THING! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!"

You can see the numbers of Falling Down style meltdowns going through the roof. Obviously at LazyView we abhor the concept of this software, and hope it dies a horrible death. Much like all those office workers of the future will if it goes ahead.

No comments: