Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Years Resolution - Get fit

This year, as I'm sure many millions of people did, I decided that the new year would be a good time to get myself fit. With that in mind, I think taking up a sport would be a really good idea. I wasn't sure what, but then inspiration came to me.

LETS PLAY DARTS!




I was watching the BDO World Darts championship from the Lakeside and it occurred to me that darts would be the perfect sport to take up. We're having a pretty wet and miserable winter (unusual for the UK) and with Darts you don't need to leave the house, it's cheap and sociable, you don't get tired or sore, and you can get drunk whilst you're playing. The only thing better would be if you could get a pool table in the house. And whilst I did find some that stack vertically, they are a bit pricy.

So, whilst we're in the shop getting the Sky+ remote I talked about yesterday, we're going to pick up a dart board. I'll be fit in no time.

I will have to do a small amount of drilling in the basement to put the board up, but I think it's a small price to pay. My girlfriend also said that if we got a dart board then her mother came to visit she'd spend all her time in the basement playing darts whenever she came to visit. I just want to go on the record and say that didn't contribute to my keenness to get a board, not in the slightest.

No comments: