Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sometimes you just don't want to read the story



The New Scientist RSS feed popped up the following gem of a headline today: "Toxic newts lose war against 'super-immune' snakes". Now, I don't know what the story is really about, probably a cautionary environmental tale or something. I'm torn between clicking the link to find out or sticking with the story my imagination conjoured up. In my mind it's a cross between the classic Alligator vs Python BBC story, the Toxic Avenger and the Ninja Turtles


In the end, I decided to click the link and read the story and I was really pleased to find out that the picture really was reminiscent of a small scale Alligator vs Python. I also found out that this toxic newt has amazing blowfish poison strong enough that it can kill 12 people which is pretty awesome, and the snake has evolved to handle that and eat them anyway.

All I need to do now is Hollywood the story up a bit, cartoonize the animals, add in a bit of anthropomorphism and a sexy lady newt and I've got massive worldwide cartoon success on our hands. If only I could draw.

No comments: