Tuesday, September 16, 2008

LazyViews: Rock Band



Intro
Just in time for the sequel to be released I bring to you....Guitar Hero with drums and a microphone! Or Rockband, as others may know it.

Pros

  • Fun to take the drums for a spin

  • Always hilarious to hear people sing off key

  • Still kinda fun to feel like a rock star



Cons

  • Takes up an entire room with peripherals

  • Drums make annoying tapping sound

  • Questionable peripheral quality

  • If you’re like me and have no friends, or people brave enough to play with you, it’s really kinda boring and just like any of the other dozens of rhythm and music games out there.



Summary
I get tired of shit really fast, and this seems like a genre that has set phasers to “repetitive”. Add on the slow, pocket draining hell of downloadable content and I think we’ll remember this as the high water point in the “overpriced buy extra peripherals rhythm game”. Though I imagine it will survive for some time as the tards out there continue to shell out money just so they can say they know how to play some random rock song. I was gonna list some example songs there, but then I realized just how many damn songs people want to rock to that don't come with the game.

Score
8.5