Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yeah, whatever did happen to my personal robot?

The idea for this post has been shamelessly stolen from the BBC.  I'm sure Tomorrow's World was predicting we'd all have our own personal house robot slaves by now.

Personally I can't imagine a robot like this being developed for the domestic market. It'd just cost way too much money for something that's probably cheaper to employ a human to do anyway. If we do ever get useful human robots I can't see it coming out of anything other than military research or from the development of a Japanese sex robot

A friend of mine (yes, I know you won't believe it's not me) wants a Cameron (from Sarah Connor Chronicles). I'm not sure for which purpose he wants it. Probably to do the hoovering.

I should probably get a robot to do my blog posting for me.

No comments: