Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Opera

I posted a while ago about Google Chrome and how I was enjoying it as a browser. I've got all the web browsers on my machine for testing websites and have been mainly using Chrome and Firefox for normal browsing but the latest IE security flaw has highlighted that  apparently Opera is the most secure browser for password management.

I've been really impressed with the speed of the Opera browser built into my Wii, so I thought I should give it another go. Opera was great when it first came out but in version 5 they built adverts into the browser, and I stopped using it. Now it's ad free again (woo!), and does very well in password management security, where Chrome and Safari are rubbish.

It's also got a lot of the good features of both Chrome and Firefox, like Chrome it's very quick to load and render and like Firefox there are lots of plugins (widgets). Like Chrome you have your 9 pane top websites area when you launch a new tab, although you can define what those sites are.

So yeah, I like it. It might become my #1. That said, Firefox would still be #1 by miles if they hadn't totally crippled it's speed with version 3.