Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm sorry Darling, you're barred

Now this is what I call practical political activism. An Edinburgh bar has started an internet campaign to have the Chancellor, Alistair Darling, barred from every pub in the country as a protest about his latest round of booze tax increases.

Now, one of the brilliant things about this is that it's got publicity in a national newspaper despite the following fact:

A Facebook group called "Alistair Darling - You're Barred" was started last week, and already has more than 200 members.


More than 200 members in a week! And that's newsworthy? I could start a facebook group celebrating that magic thief from Danny's last story and beat that. I note that they are now up to a MIGHTY 500 members on the back of all this publicity.

Still, I hope it works. What a brilliant achievement it'd be to get him completely unable to get a pint anywhere in Britain.

No comments: