Thursday, March 20, 2008

So... why didn't I pursue a career in science?

I finally have a decent answer. Because I'd have totally sucked. According to this story in the NY Times the more beer you drink the less successful you'll be as a scientist. Now, during my degree, I drank a hell of a lot of beer, and in the end I really wasn't very successful. It is probably for the best that I didn't continue into it as a career. I'd probably never have had anything published ever.

I am slightly concerned that this might be true in other areas of life. Perhaps the more beer you drink the more you suck at everything. I'm glad I mostly drink a lot of wine these days. *phew* I expect success is just round the corner.

Oh and yes, Darling, I am one of those middle class binge drinkers you are trying to target with your massive increase on wine Tax. Well did you see our response? Massive increases in wine sales. Stick that in your pipe (with no increased duty) and smoke it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.